Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS): Epidemiology Forecast to 2028
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/hidradenitis-suppurativa-hs-epidemiology-forecast-to-2028-406688.html
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS): Epidemiology Forecast to 2028
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) is a long term, recurrent skin condition that causes painful lumps under the skin that form near the hair follicles where there are sweat glands (NHS, 2016; Mayo Clinic, 2018). HS is characterized by abscesses and scarring on the skin. The abscesses may break open and leak pus or cause tunnels under the skin (Mayo Clinic, 2018). The cause of HS is not known, but is thought to have a link to a genetic link because a third of all cases have a relative with HS (NHS, 2016). There is no diagnostic test for HS, it is usually diagnosed by the look and distribution of red boils, black heads and scarring (NHS, 2016). No cure for HS exists; however, treatments to ameliorate symptoms and avoid infection are used to manage the condition (NHS, 2016).
Epidemiologists used age- and sex-specific diagnosed prevalence rates to forecast the diagnosed prevalent cases. Epidemiologists applied country-specific prevalence rates of HS, wherever available, to each country’s population to obtain the number of estimated diagnosed incident cases.
The following data describes epidemiology of HS cases. In 2018, the 7MM had 783,894 diagnosed prevalent cases of HS. This is expected to increase to 792,282 diagnosed prevalent cases by 2028, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.11%. The increase is driven by population growth and aging in the 7MM. In 2018, the 7MM had 300,813 diagnosed prevalent cases of mild HS; 293,841 diagnosed prevalent cases of moderate HS; 189,241 diagnosed prevalent cases of severe HS. In 2018, there were 35,653 diagnosed prevalent cases of HS with IBD. The US had the highest number of diagnosed prevalent cases of HS. The development of more effective therapies, would improve quality of life for patients.
– The Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Epidemiology Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of HS in the seven major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan).
– This report also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the following segmentations in ages 18 years and older across the 7MM: diagnosed prevalent cases of HS; diagnosed prevalent cases of HS by severity; diagnosed prevalent cases of HS with inflammatory bowel disease.
– The HS epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The Epidemiology Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The Hidradenitis Suppurativa Epidemiology report will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HS market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global HS market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for HS therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Understand magnitude of HS population by severity.
– Quantify the population of HS population with IBD.
For specific queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/inquiry/406688
Follow us on Social Media: