Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - The Baby Food Sector in France, 2019
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/the-baby-food-sector-in-france-2019-342547.html
The Baby Food Sector in France, 2019
“The Baby Food Sector in France, 2019”, is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French market.
The French baby food sector is highly sophisticated and segmented, but sales have fallen heavily since 2012, due to a lower number of births, higher breastfeeding rates, and concerns about nutrition and safety, and a poor economy up to 2015/16. The market in 2018 was depressed by the effects of the Lactalis formula contamination. All categories have declined in value since 2012. The fall has been least severe for finger foods and milks. Blédina (Danone) and Nestlé control the majority of sales, and Nestlé has been closing the gap with Blédina. They dominate every category, facing very little competition except in milks. Own-label products have a presence, while organic suppliers, Hipp, Vitagermine and some start-ups, are gaining ground. The market leaders produce much of their baby food in France, and also export significant quantities. The impact of the Lactalis contamination on the reputation of French infant formula abroad is not yet clear. Large food retailers control the majority of sales, boosted by the popularity of the click & collect format. Pharmacies still play an important role in milks, and some companies operate exclusively through this channel. In the years to come manufacturers will seek to expand sales by promoting organic products, locally grown ingredients, and products for older babies and specific meal occasions, but their task will be challenging. By 2024, This research expects just a 4% rise at constant prices.
What else does this report offer?
– Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
– Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
– Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
– Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
– Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
– In terms of volume, wet meals constitute the bulk of the French market, accounting for 56.6% of consumption in 2018. However, in terms of value, milks dominate, with 53.3% of retail sales.
– France’s position as a major producer of baby milks came under pressure in late 2017 and in 2018 as a result of contamination at a Lactalis plant.
– Blédina (Danone) and Nestlé control the majority of baby food sales. Blédina leads, taking a 39% share of total value sales in 2018, while Nestlé accounted for 29.7%.
– Large food retailers now control the majority of sales in every category of the baby food sector, taking an overall value share of 84.5% in 2018.
– The baby food market is predicted to show only modest growth in value, and to end the forecast period worth 103 billion, just 4.4% up on 2018. In constant price terms, this will equate to a drop of 5.3%. Volume sales look set to drop by 4%, although the rate of declines will slow from the level seen in 2018, and consumption will stabilize from 2023.
Reasons to buy
– Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
– Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
– Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
For specific queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/inquiry/342547
Follow us on Social Media: