Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - Construction in Hong Kong – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/construction-in-hong-kong-key-trends-and-opportunities-to-2024-559622.html
Construction in Hong Kong – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024
Hong Kong’s construction industry suffered a downturn for a third year in a row in 2019, when it contracted by 12.9% in real terms, preceded by annual declines of 0.7% and 3.9% in 2017 and 2018 respectively. Although the local protests have contributed to the worsening performance, given the impact on investor confidence, Hong Kong’s construction industry had already been struggling amid a general slowdown in residential construction, and a sharp drop in transport infrastructure works.
Amid the anti-government protests and the disruption caused by outbreak of the coronavirus in China in January, there is not expected to be a rapid rebound in construction works. Other key risks associated with Hong Kong’s construction industry outlook include the China-US trade war, which is expected to impact Hong Kong’s economy and have an adverse impact on construction spending. Furthermore, volatility in Hong Kong’s stock market, a decline in wage growth and weakness in asset prices are expected to continue to hamper the growth of the residential construction market over the forecast period. Consequently, the country’s construction industry is expected to contract by 3% in real terms in 2020.
Over the remaining part of the forecast period, however, the industry is expected to recover, mainly due to the government’s efforts to stimulate economic growth, and public and private sector investments in commercial, residential and infrastructure construction projects. To support economic growth and increase the country’s competitiveness, the government plans to invest HKD1 trillion (US$127.6 billion) in infrastructure by 2028-2029. In addition, the government’s aim to improve local energy resources is expected to support investment in energy infrastructure projects, which will in turn fuel growth in the industry.
The industry’s output value in real terms is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.58% over the forecast period (2020-2024).
Construction in Hong Kong – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into Hong Kong’s construction industry, including –
– Hong Kong’s construction industry’s growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
– Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in Hong Kong’s construction industry
– Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Hong Kong. It provides –
– Historical (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2024) valuations of the construction industry in Hong Kong, featuring details of key growth drivers.
– Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
– Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
– Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to buy
– Identify and evaluate market opportunities using standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
– Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
– Understand the latest industry and market trends.
– Formulate and validate strategy using critical and actionable insight.
– Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
– Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/559622