Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - Impact of COVID-19 on Global Travel Intermediaries – Hot Topic Brief – Issue 8
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/impact-of-covid-19-on-global-travel-intermediaries-hot-topic-brief-issue-8-609415.html
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Travel Intermediaries – Hot Topic Brief – Issue 8
COVID-19, commonly referred to as the Coronavirus, is dominating headlines the world over. The travel & tourism sector is suffering significant disruption and intermediaries are very much affected.
– Expedia Group is getting rid of the HomeAway brand in the United States as it looks to simplify the branding of its vacation rental portfolio. Initially, users of the HomeAway website in the U.S. will be redirected to Vrbo.com, and users of its app will be asked to download the Vrbo app. “Since it was founded 25 years ago, Vrbo has become a leader in the vacation rental industry and a household name in family travel,” said Peter Kern, vice chairman and CEO of Expedia Group.
– TUI will restart quarantine-free holidays to eight destinations from July 11 across Spain and Greece. It plans to fly customers from Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham – with new safety measures onboard – to the Greek islands of Crete, Rhodes, Kos and Corfu; Spain’s Canary Islands Tenerife and Lanzarote, and Majorca and Ibiza in the Balearics.
– Commercial director Richard Sofer expressed confidence that the UK will have lifted the 14-day quarantine currently imposed on all arrivals by this date. This shows that there is a hope the country will benefit from an air bridge to European destinations, effectively allowing passengers to travel between two destinations without the need for quarantine.
– This report provides insight into the current state of play, offers a look at potential future scenarios and assesses the actions that intermediaries can take to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.
Reasons to Buy
– Gain an overview of the current global COVID-19 situation
– Understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on the industry
– Explore future industry scenarios
– Assess possible mitigating actions
– Compare key industry players’ actions
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/609415