Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - India Baby Food, 2019
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/india-baby-food-2019-559628.html
India Baby Food, 2019
India Baby Food, 2019 is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Indian market.
The number of births in India has risen gradually since 2016. There were 80.3 million babies aged 0-3 years in 2019. Living standards are significantly higher in urban areas and this is where most industrially produced baby foods are sold. However, there is a rising middle class, even in smaller towns and rural areas, that manufacturers are targeting to widen the consumer base.
Although there is vast potential, sales growth has been subdued. Per capita intake levels rose by 10.3% over the 2013-2019 period but remains extremely low by international standards. The vast majority of baby food is locally produced, with high tariff rates and low purchasing power putting imported products beyond the reach of most consumers. Several multinationals now produce international brands locally.
The market for baby food has enormous potential for further development, despite an expected decline in the number of live births. However, this will remain largely untapped: despite a forecast increase in per capita consumption levels between 2019-2025. Demand within the sector will remain focused on baby milks and cereals.
What else does this report offer?
– Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
– Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
– Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
– Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
– Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
– Consumers are becoming increasingly sophisticated and are changing the way they think about and buy baby food. Delhi and Mumbai enjoy the highest demand for baby foods, particularly imported brands.
– Demand and consumption patterns for baby milks are fairly consistent across the regions, except in eastern India, where consumption tends to be lower. Northern and western India have the highest consumption rates for cereals. In northern India, where birth rates are higher than average, demand for milks and cereals is strongest.
– In November, 2016, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, under the Diet4Life initiative, eased import regulations for infant formula for infants with inborn metabolism problems.
– The rate of growth is expected to pick up over the next five years as penetration of infant foods expands into more households. Per capita consumption levels of baby food (based on infants aged 0-36 months) are expected to increase by nearly XX% over the forecast period to four kg in 2025, with rates of growth higher in the milks category than in the cereals category. Overall consumption will grow by XX% during the next six years to reach XX tons in 2025, with a retail value of Rs XX billion (US$XX billion).
– In terms of manufacturer involvement, the market will continue to be led by the main suppliers, NestlÃ© and GCMMF. Danone, Abbott, and Mead Johnson are showing increased commitment to the Indian market and this is likely to be a factor in increased sales
Reasons to buy
– Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
– Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
– Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
NestlÃ© India Ltd
Danone India Pvt Limited
Mead Johnson Nutrition (India) Pvt Ltd
Raptakos Brett & Co Ltd.
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/559628