Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - M&A in Power – Thematic Research
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/m-a-in-power-thematic-research-372816.html
M&A in Power – Thematic Research
In this report, we look at merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the power sector over the last five years. We have also highlighted potential future takeover targets in the sector, which companies are likely to acquire them, and why.
The global power M&A market remained strong in 2018 with transaction volumes reaching $158bn, the second highest in the last five years. However, the number of deals registered decreased to 622, compared to 651 deals in 2017. As of 2019 year-to-date (YTD), 244 M&A deals were witnessed.
The largest announced M&A deal in the power industry in 2018 was the acquisition of Innogy by E.ON for $52.9bn.
Deals around coal-fired plants, renewables (particularly solar, hydro and wind), and gas fired plants were prominent in M&A activity. Deals featuring renewable energy are expected to set the trend in coming years due to growing awareness of clean energy and desire to meet global targets set by the Paris agreement, leading towards low-carbon emission investments.
Some of the key catalysts driving these financial activities include emergence of new markets, thinning margins, investment in renewable energy, and the shift away from exposure to fossil fuels, mainly coal.
– The report analyses the impact of M&A as a theme on the power industry.
– The report discusses M&A trends in the power industry and how these M&A deals have benefitted power companies.
– The report analyses major M&A deals in the power industry and highlights the key developments across the various sectors within the industry.
– The report also identifies potential acquisition targets that are aligned towards one or more specific themes in the power industry.
Reasons to buy
– To understand major M&A trends in the power industry and their significance on the power industry.
– To gain insights of the major deals undertaken by power companies across various sectors.
Availon, Acciona, Brookfield Business Partners, China Guodian, China Nuclear Engineering & Construction Corporation, China National Nuclear Corp, CenterPoint Energy, Dominion Energy, E.ON, Enel Green Power RSA (Pty) Ltd, Engie, EnBW, EUROS, Elia System Operator NV, Eurogrid International SCRL, Eurowind Energy, Eniig Renewables, Greenko Group, GE, Hanwha Solar Holdings, Innogy, LM Wind Power, NextEra Energy, National Power, Nordex, Northern Power Systems, Orange Renewable Power, SSP Technology A/S, Santee Cooper, SCANA, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Senvion, Kenersys, Vestas, Vectren, WEG SA, Westinghouse
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/372816