Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - Ovarian Cancer: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/ovarian-cancer-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-to-2028-425327.html
Ovarian Cancer: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2028
Ovarian cancer is a rare gynecological disease that spans a broad range of genetic and histological subtypes, for which platinum-based chemotherapy has been the standard of care (SOC) for decades. Ovarian cancer can be broken down into many different types of neoplasms based on specific histopathologic entities and clinical behaviors, and treatment depends on the specific tumor type.
Primary cytoreductive debulking surgery and platinum based chemotherapy form the SOC in advanced ovarian cancer. Roche’s angiogenesis inhibitor Avastin (bevacizumab) is optionally used with SOC doublet chemotherapy, particularly in patients with late stage disease. In addition to Avastin, three poly-ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitors, AstraZeneca’s Lynparza (olaparib), GSK’s Zejula (niraparib) and Clovis Oncology’s Rubraca (rucaparib), were recently introduced to market, and these four targeted therapies collectively began to transform the treatment paradigm for ovarian cancer.
The ovarian cancer market in the 7 major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) is expected to experience massive growth between 2018 and 2018. The main drivers of growth will be label expansions, which will broaden patient eligibility for branded agents, provide more therapeutic options for maintenance settings, and bring novel combinations of branded agents and pipeline agents into the treatment paradigm. This research expects the launch of nine pipeline agents throughout the forecast period, which will further add to growth, including five checkpoint inhibitors, a small molecule inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGF-R), a new PARP inhibitor, a folate receptor-targeting antibody drug conjugate, and a viral-based gene therapy prod.
Double-digit CAGR is expected in the ovarian cancer market from 2018 to 2028.
The main driver of the growth of the ovarian cancer market will be adoption of maintenance therapy across the 7MM, PARP inhibitor uptake in the first-line setting, launch of new pipeline agents, and increased screening rates for genetic markers.
Label expansions to broaden patient eligibility and the emergence of novel combinations of therapeutic agents will define the market over the forecast period.
Market growth will be stalled due to generic and biosimilar erosion, with some of the key products for ovarian cancer, Avastin and Lynparza, losing protection over the forecast period.
KOLs interviewed consider the binary categorization of ovarian cancer according to platinum-responsiveness outdated and highlight the need for more robust patient stratification according to genetic and histological biomarker status.
Key Questions Answered
How will the use of PARP inhibitors throughout various lines of treatment affect the treatment algorithm?
The ovarian cancer market is characterized by a number of unmet needs. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the pipeline drugs under development fulfill these unmet needs?
Among nine late-stage pipeline agents entering the ovarian cancer market, which will make a significant impact? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales, and why?
– Overview of ovarian cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
– Annualized ovarian cancer therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in three patient segments and 11 lines of therapy, forecast from 2018 to 2028.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the ovarian cancer therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for ovarian cancer. The most promising candidates in Phase III development are profiled.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ovarian cancer market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ovarian cancer market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global ovarian cancer market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/425327