Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - Project Insight – Port Construction Projects: Middle East and Africa
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/project-insight-port-construction-projects-middle-east-and-africa-355085.html
Port, Ports, Middle East, Africa, Iran, Tanzania, Mozambique, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Guinea, Qatar, Nigeria, The UAE
Project Insight – Port Construction Projects: Middle East and Africa
The Middle East and Africa region’s economies are largely dependent on the export of oil-based products and commodities. The Middle East – particularly the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries – is a major exporter of petroleum products, and a major exporter and importer of liquefied natural gas (LNG). The improvement in demand for commodities should provide relief for economies in Africa, where dependence on commodities exports is high; this in turn will increase the need for higher capacity ports in the region. Africa, with its population of 1.2 billion, only handles about 6% of the global water-borne traffic and approximately 3% of the world container traffic, so it is overdue for port expansion. Africa has 38 countries with a coastline, and numerous ports located strategically along their coastlines.
The largest and busiest port in the Middle East is the Port of Jebel Ali in the UAE, which covers an area of over 132km2 and has 67 berths. The expansion underway at the port will increase its capacity from 18 million TEU to 22.1 million TEU. This is followed by the Port of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia with 58 berths, which is also the largest sea port on the Red Sea.
Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) is currently tracking port related construction projects in the Middle East and Africa with a total value of US$166.8 billion. Of this, US$98.6 billion is in the execution stage and US$41.7 billion is in the planning stage. Iran, leads with projects valued at US$34.4 billion, followed by Tanzania with a project value of US$15.5 billion. In order of the projects’ values, the top ten countries are Iran, Tanzania, Mozambique, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Guinea, Qatar, Nigeria and the UAE. The highest value project tracked by the CIC in the region is the US$30.0 billion Chabahar Port Development in Iran followed by the US$11.0 billion Bagamoyo Port Development in Tanzania.
– The total pipeline of projects is valued at US$166.8 billion with US$21.1 billion being spent in 2019 and US$22.8 billion in 2020.
– The highest value of projects are at the execution stage with a total value of US$98.6 billion, followed by projects in planning with US$41.7 billion.
– Projects that are in the pre-execution stage total US$23.4 billion, while those in the pre-planning stage have a value of US$3.2 billion.
– Assuming all projects in the current pipeline proceed as planned, spending will reach US$22.8 billion in 2020 and fall to US$11.7 billion in 2023. The highest value of project completions will be in 2021, with a value of US$17.0 billion.
– The top contractors in the region are China Communications Construction Company (CCCC), based in China, and Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co Ltd, based in South Korea. The top consulting engineers are Technital SpA, based in Italy, and Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co Ltd, based in South Korea.
– The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values for the Middle East and Africa and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries.
– The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value of port construction. Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including Iran, Tanzania and Mozambique.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insight into the development of the port construction sector.
– Assess all major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development for the region and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
– Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/355085