Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - Market Research on Saudi Arabia Baby Food, 2019
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/saudi-arabia-baby-food-2019-585836.html
Saudi Arabia Baby Food, 2019
“Saudi Arabia Baby Food ” is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Saudi Arabia market.
Saudi Arabia has a youthful population, but the birth rate has been falling. Living standards are high, although wealth is heavily concentrated among relatively few families. The baby food sector is well developed by regional standards, but has continued to increase, fueled by a healthy economy until recently, and a rising number of live births up to 2014. Value growth has been constrained by price controls on baby milk since 2014. Milks account for the majority of sales and have strengthened their position partly due to low breastfeeding rates but mainly because of the increasing popularity of growing-up milks. Cereals have lost some ground. Wet meals and other baby food account for less than 6% of sector value, although wet meals have performed particularly well in recent years.
Until recently there was very limited local production of baby food. Multinationals dominated, led by NestlÃ©. However, In 2012, the Almarai/Mead Johnson joint venture began local production and output has risen dramatically since then, destined both for the domestic arena and other countries in the region.
Most baby foods are sold through grocery stores, supermarkets, and pharmacies, with the latter particularly important for baby milks. GlobalData predicts further growth up to 2023, given the increased exposure to Western lifestyles, the underlying strength of the economy (despite current problems), the increasing female workforce participation, and the probably stable birth numbers.
What else does this report offer?
– Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
– Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
– Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
– Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
– Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
– The population of Saudi Arabia has risen steadily, although the birth rate has fallen in recent years.
– The baby food sector rose to 42,009 tons in 2019 with a retail value of SR3.03 billion.
– Milks account for the majority of sales: 74% of volume and 76% in value. Imports had been on an upward trend, in 2018 they slipped to 38,67521 tons, below the 2012 figure, while export volumes doubled in 2018.
– Cereals have lost some ground, and by 2019 accounted for 21% of volume sales, compared with 25% in 2013.
– Whilst other baby food has historically been less buoyant than other categories, it has recently begun to catch up, with consumption rising 24.6% since 2013.
– Teas were traditionally the larger segment, but juices have been rising more rapidly than teas since 2013.
– Finger foods are also sold in Saudi Arabia, with a 48.4% share of value in 2019. While very few mothers purchase biscuits or rusks for their babies, the introduction of a number of more modern products has boosted demand, and increased average prices in this segment.
Reasons to buy
– Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
– Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
– Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/585836