Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - Market Research Report on South Africa Ice Cream – Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2023
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/south-africa-ice-cream-market-assessment-and-forecasts-to-2023-503360.html
South Africa Ice Cream – Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2023
The South African ice cream sector is led by âtake-home and bulk ice cream’ category in both value and volume terms, in 2018, while the âimpulse ice cream – single serve’ category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of ice cream products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material, followed by rigid plastics. Consumption of ice cream is higher among females than males in the country. Unilever, Froneri International Limited and Gatti Ice Cream, Inc. are the top three companies in the South African ice cream sector.
This Country Profile report on the Ice cream sector in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
– Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023
– Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for artisanal ice cream, impulse ice cream – single serve, and take-home and bulk ice cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023
– Leading players: Market share of companies and private labels in value terms in 2018
– Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, department stores, convenience stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, and other general retailers
– Packaging data: consumption breakdown for pack materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and others; pack type data for tub, bag/sachet, wrapper, box, film, can, tray, foil and other pack type; closure type data for prize off, screw top and others; primary outer type data for carton – folding, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap.
– The South African ice cream sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% while in volume terms, the sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8%, during 2018-2023
– Per capita consumption of ice cream in South Africa stood at one kg in 2018 and was higher than the regional level but lower compared to the global level, in 2018.
– Per capita expenditure of ice cream stood at US$6.6 in 2018 in South Africa, which was higher compared to the regional level but lower compared to the global level
– âTake-home and bulk ice cream’ was the largest category in 2018 while the âimpulse ice cream – single serve’ category is forecast to register the fastest value growth at a CAGR of 8.9%, during 2018-2023.
– âTake-home and bulk ice cream’ was also the largest category in volume terms and is also forecast to register the fastest volume growth at a CAGR of 3.9% during 2018-2023
– Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the largest distribution channel in the South African ice cream sector with a value share of 64% in 2018
– Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the South African ice cream sector with a share of 62.8% in 2018
– Consumption of ice cream was higher among females than males while kids & babies (0-15 years) accounted for the highest consumption of Ice Cream with 36.1% volume share in 2018
Reasons to buy
– Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
– Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
– Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
– Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
– Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
– The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
– Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
General Mills Inc
General Mills South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Groupe Lactalis S.A.
Massmart Holdings Limited
Mondelez International Inc
Nestle (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd.
Pick n Pay Retailers
Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/503360