Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - Success Case Study: Guerlain Lipstick China
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/success-case-study-guerlain-lipstick-china-406831.html
Success Case Study: Guerlain Lipstick China
“Success Case Study: Guerlain Lipstick China” covers the 2016 launch of an online marketing campaign for lipstick centering on a male celebrity. The innovative campaign became an instant success, as shown by record-high views and likes and skyrocketing sales of the brand’s lipsticks.
Going against the usual practice of hiring female celebrities to promote women’s cosmetics, French luxury brand Guerlain launched a social media campaign in China in collaboration with local male heartthrob Yang Yang, tapping into his large fanbase of women to boost sales of its KissKiss and La Petite Robe Noire lipstick ranges.
– Guerlain exploited a local trend in China called xiao xian rou, which refers to attractive young male celebrities with effeminate and attractive facial features. The brand signed up Yang Yang, a Chinese actor and model with a large female following, as an influencer to promote its new lipstick ranges .
– Guerlain ran online events with Yang Yang to capitalize on the high social media penetration among Millennial consumers in China. This validates the importance of digital campaigns for engaging Millennials and younger audiences.
– The rising spending power of Chinese women is driving demand for higher-quality beauty and grooming brands such as Guerlain.
– Given the blurring of gender boundaries, male and female celebrities can be utilized interchangeably to promote cosmetics products meant for either gender.
– The Xiao Xian Rou’ trend can be harnessed for promoting men’s cosmetics in other Asian countries
Reasons to buy
– Use selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
– Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/406831