Research By Markets adds Market Research Report - The Baby Food Sector in Australia, 2019
For detailed information: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/report/the-baby-food-sector-in-australia-2019-406770.html
The Baby Food Sector in Australia, 2019
“The Baby Food Sector in Australia 2019” is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Australian market.
The number of births has fluctuated, while the number of women combining motherhood and work has increased.
Despite consistent economic growth over the last three decades, poverty rates have remained entrenched. 2019 press reports suggested that Australia’s standard of living had fallen to levels not seen since the 1991-92 recession. Against this backdrop, the value of the baby food sector has shown a modest increase since 2012. By contrast, overall consumption of baby food rose up to 2013 but has subsequently fallen back to marginally below the 2012 level.
Milks and cereals & finger foods have experienced volume growth, with particularly strong increases in the finger foods category.
Production figures have been skewed by demand for Australian-produced infant formula from China, with new entrants exploiting this trend. Danone and Heinz are the largest producers. Other companies – including Bellamy’s Organic and a2 – have significantly increased their output levels of infant formula.
Established companies such as Heinz, Nestlé, and Wyeth (Lactalis) have seen their shares slide, while regional brands, including a2 Platinum, Rafferty’s Garden (PZ Cussons), and Bellamy’s Organic have experienced rapid increases and PZ Cussons has overtaken Heinz. By 2018, the leading three companies (Danone, Cussons, and Heinz) controlled 53% of sector value.
From 2018 to 2024 the baby food sector is expected to grow, fueled by the expected rise in the number of babies and by increased usage.
What else does this report offer?
– Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
– Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
– Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
– Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
– Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
– The number of women in employment rose by 14.1% between 2010 and 2018. Since 2010 mothers have been entitled to 18 weeks’ paid maternity leave.
– Milks represent the largest proportion of baby food sales, accounting for 58.9% of overall value in 2018.
– Cereals & finger foods increased their value share of the sector from 11.1% in 20102 to 14.4%. Wet meals have seen a decline in their share since 2012.
– Production figures have been skewed by demand from China, which has significantly boosted production for export.
– Heinz is the largest baby food producer, but has been joined by a number of dairies producing infant formula almost exclusively for the Chinese market.
– Cereals & finger foods and baby milks are expected to enjoy the highest levels of growth, while meals will rise marginally more slowly, and drinks are likely to disappear completely. Per capita consumption will rise only marginally.
Reasons to buy
– Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
– Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
– Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition Pty Ltd
HJ Heinz Australia Co. Ltd
Rafferty’s Garden Pty Limited
The a2 Milk Company
Aspen Nutritionals Australia Pty Ltd
Nestlé Australia Ltd
Only Organic Baby Food Ltd.
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/406770
Follow us on Social Media: